- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (such as Big Moe’s®)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill for low heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts generously on all sides with the Italian and grill seasonings. Slowly cook on the preheated grill, turning every 10 minutes; brush the chicken with the barbeque sauce each time you turn it.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. Once done, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms in the butter, stirring frequently until the vegetables are tender.
- To make the sandwiches, place a chicken breast on each hamburger bun half.
- Spoon the pepper and onion mixture overtop, and top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Cover with the hamburger bun tops.