- 16 ounces dried soba noodles
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 carrots, julienned
- In a large stockpot, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water; drain well.
- In a small bowl mix together 3 tablespoons tamari sauce, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, vinegar, sugar and Chili oil.
- Using tongs, toss noodles with sauce to coat well. Marinate in a covered bowl for 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Bring marinated noodles to room temperature. Mix the remaining 1Tablespoon each of tamari and oil and pour over the noodles. Three hours before serving stir in sweet red peppers, two thirds of the green onions, and half of the grated carrots.
- To serve, mound the noodles on a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining green onions and carrots.