- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrape the cooked quinoa into a mixing bowl.
- Add the garbanzo beans, broccoli, garlic, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard, and olive oil.
- Stir until evenly mixed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper before serving.