- 6 cups day old Italian bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved green olives
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, toss bread with 1/3 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Lay bread on a baking sheet, and toast in the preheated oven until golden, about 5 to 10 minutes; allow to cool slightly.
- While the bread is in the oven, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Gently toss together the bread, tomatoes, onion, basil, olives, and mozzarella cheese.
- Toss with the vinaigrette and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.