- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook seasoned chicken breasts until chicken is browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add onion; cook and stir until onion is browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken; season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).