- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix ground beef, saltine crackers, onion, green bell pepper, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and seasoned salt together in a bowl.
- Stir ketchup and brown sugar together in a bowl. Spoon ketchup mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup of a 6-cup muffin tin.
- Fill muffin cups with beef mixture, leaving 1/2-inch space on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Drain fat from muffin cups.
- Top each ‘cupcake’ with mashed potatoes and Cheddar cheese.
- Continue baking until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.